We welcome hikers on the AT to have a rest under our shade trees, lunch at our picnic table or just stop in for a cool drink. Better yet, stay for a complete rest overnight!
Berkshire Lakeside Lodge is conveniently located only 100 yards east of the AT trail (or 1/10th of a mile from the Lee-Becket town line).
Please see our “Rates” page for current seasonal and daily rates and know that we offer a $5.00 discount if you mention you are hiking the AT.
An overnight stay includes all amenities including use of our boats and kayaks on a first-come, first-serve basis and:
- Comfortable bed (king or queen, 2-full size beds or twin-size)
- A small fridge
- Keurig coffee machine and assortment of coffee/tea pods
- WIFI access
- Satellite television
- Menus to two restaurants who will deliver to your room from Lee, MA
- Soda available for purchase by guests and through hikers for $1.00.
- A continental breakfast in our breakfast room (muffins, fresh fruit, coffee/tea)
- Service pets only if staying overnight.
Just a through hiker on the Berkshire section of the AT?
Mail can be received here (essential that you call ahead to arrange pickup). Address packages to yourself in care of: Berkshire Lakeside Lodge, 3949 Jacob’s Ladder Rd, Rt 20, Becket, MA 01223 and be sure an estimated time of arrival appears (your phone number is also helpful if possible). Note: We reserve the right to dispense any package content to our communal hiker box if not retrieved by sender a month after the delivery date.
A variety of soda pop is available for $1.00 on honor basis (place money in cup in fridge) in our breakfast room adjacent to the office which is open 24/7.
Hiker Box: Hikers leave useable items for other hikers on the AT in the box provided in our breakfast room. You are invited to drop in to browse the contents, get a cool drink, fill up your water bottle and say hello!
We also provide an assortment of soaps and shampoos (when available) on first-come, first-serve basis.
Transportation: Park Taxi in Lee, MA, at #413-243-0020 (just 6 miles from us) will pick you up and take you to your next destination. We strongly suggest that you phone ahead as this is a small taxi company and not always available. Currently there are Uber drivers too. If you’re not having any luck with those, call us for some other options.
Comments left on our Trail Tribute bulletin board full of postcards and sketches!
See Guthook (an AT Guide app) for additional notes by last year’s hikers.
- “Really enjoyed my time at your place; was hard to leave and get back on the trail!” – Robert
- “Thank you again for all your extra help and the coffee extras made staying here a real pleasure!” – Gorilla Jim & Avalanche
- “Thanks for the great hospitality” – Crazy Ian
- “Thanks for all you do” – Mountain Man
- “Thanks for helping with our journey” – The VA GANG: Slim Jim, Smalls, tiny Pants, and Lead Dog